One year ago yesterday, I wrote my first post and launched Clavis Cryptica! I’ve started a lot of blogs over the years, and let most of them fizzle out pretty quickly. Although I had a few months of no posts here between June and December, things have started to pick back up and I’m proud that I’ve managed to keep this blog going for a whole year! My goals for 2012 have been to start keeping a more regular update schedule (Monday, Wednesday, and Friday) and to work more seriously to promote this blog. So far I feel like it’s going pretty well! Thanks so much to everyone who has been reading Clavis Cryptica, leaving comments, and taking part in my occasional puzzles and contests!
Here are some fun website statistics from February 12, 2011 – February 12, 2012:
- Total Posts: 43
- Total Comments: 53
- Visits and Views: 2,092 Visits, 1,716 Unique Visitors, 3,375 Pageviews
- Most Visits in One Day: 43 visits on January 23, 2012
- Top 3 Most Viewed Posts (most of these are from search results I think):
- My Top 3 Personal Favorite Posts:
- 2011 Post Hunt – I enjoyed really analyzing and breaking down the puzzles, and it was a great way to document a fun day
- The Secret Gym – A bit of creative writing and sharing a good memory
- The Witness is Being Made Just for Me – Pure excitement, passion, and anticipation about one of my favorite things
To show my appreciation for your readership, I wrote you all this little poem! I hope you enjoy it, and I hope I can keep making this blog better and better! =)
Ode to my Readers, by Clavicarius
Three-hundred sixty-six days ago
How could I possibly know?
Another blog of mine, when I’ve abandoned so many,
Never would die, but continues to grow!
Knowing my fierce love of puzzles and such,
Some readers began to drop in.
Friends, you’ve been wonderful company here, and
Oh, what a fun year it’s been!
Reviews and musings on all sorts of topics,
Riddles and locks that are locked.
Every puzzle you solve sends a thrill through my heart!
(Although Jeremy’s reign must be stopped!)
Do please keep reading and humoring me!
I hope you’ve been having fun too.
Now here’s hoping for another mysterious year
Getting this far was all thanks to you!